An amazing method to make delicious mayonnaise in two minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 egg (no need to separate and only use the yolk)
- 1 t dijon mustard (I use dijon or wholegrain)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup neutral oil (I use Canola)
- Pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
In a jar that will snugly fit the head of the immersion blender, add the egg, mustard, lemon juice, oil and salt & pepper.
Lower the head of the blender into the jar until it touches the bottom. Start the blender and let the egg, mustard and oil emulsify before moving the blender.
Once an emulsion has formed, move the blender up and down slowly to incorporate all the ingredients.
- The recipe calls for fresh lemon juice which is definitely the best to use, but I have used fresh lime juice as well as bottled lemon juice successfully.
- As Kenji mentions, you can add crushed garlic to taste when adding the ingredients to make garlic mayo.