No-churn ice cream
Easy no-churn ice cream using three simple ingredients
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 egg whites
- 2 c whipping cream
- 1 tin condensed milk
Whip the two cups of cream until stiff peaks form.
Whip the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff (the egg whites shouldn't slide out if you turn the bowl upside down).
Whisk the condensed milk for a few seconds and then fold the egg whites carefully into the condensed milk using a spatula or palette knife.
Fold the egg white mixture into the whipped cream and mix carefully.
Pour the ice cream mixture into a 2 L container of your choice and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- The easiest way to add flavour to your ice cream is to add store-bought ice cream sauce such as chocolate, caramel or berry sauce.
- Add about 3 tbsp to half a cup of sauce when you whisk the condensed milk.
- If you would like to try a marbled effect: squirt some sauce and swirl through the unflavoured ice cream.
- For the Chococcino ice cream pictured here, I poured a shot of espresso over half a cup of dark chocolate chips and microwaved it for 30 seconds to melt. I let that cool down and mixed it into the condensed milk before folding the egg whites into the condensed milk.
- To add texture add a few tablespoons of chopped nuts, choc chips, sprinkles or candy such as Astros or Smarties when you mix the egg white mixture and whipped cream.
- To make Cookies & Cream ice cream, add half a cup of crushed Oreos.
- The ice cream mixture can also be spooned into ice lolly moulds to make individual servings.
- You will be left with 3 egg yokes after making this recipe. To use up the egg yokes, try making Two-minute Mayonnaise or Crème Brûlée.